Sunday, October 26, 2008

Milestones of childhood for $1200

Answer: This injury can be most traumatic... for the parent

Question: What is sustaining a facial injury?

Well, it finally happened. After 3 1/2 years of minor accidents to Teagan, Zach decided to trip and fall into Teagan's "Princess" stepstool. Normally that wouldn't have been a big deal, Zach would have just bounced off it and moved on. However, it was upside down and he fell onto one of the legs. The leg bottom has a curve and is thin, so Zach decides to plant his face just below his eye into it. I saw him fall and ran over to him. He had the worst cry I've heard him have, I knew he was hurt. I thought initially he might have hit his throat on the leg, but as I picked him up, I saw the line forming under his eye and the left side of his nostril had a gouge and was bleeding. We're not sure if the blood on his nose was all on the outside or if he had blood coming out of his nose. I gave Zach to Liz, what's better than mom when you're hurt? I ran to get a wet washcloth and a towel for some ice. I can't describe how I felt, like I said earlier teagan his managed to be fairly safe and accident free. We knew Zach would be different, he is fearless and just does what he wants, there is no fear factor with him. Earlier we were in the kitchen, we turn around and in less than 5 seconds he has climbed up the first step of a stepladder and was getting ready to go up higher.





Chandler...Gone.

1 comment:

  1. Poor little guy! I'm just glad it wasn't any worse.

    ReplyDelete