Saturday, November 1, 2008

Bast@rds for $2,000

Answer: These little bast@rds are just wrong.

Question: Who are the idiots that smash your family pumpkins for there own enjoyment?

What is wrong with people?

We had a family evening and carved pumpkins for Halloween. It was me, Liz, Teagan, Zach and "aunt" Christy. I hadn't actually carved a pumpkin before, by myself (man is it nasty), but Liz thought it would be fun for the kids. So, we picked up 2 at the store and carved them on Wednesday evening. It was fun, but messy, and the kids had fun. Zach had more fun than Teagan, but she still enjoyed it. She had mommy make a sad faced pumpkin, I think it looked like Charlie Brown. Mine was going to be really cool or so I thought. I had to change the plans as I carved, but it still looked OK when it was done. Well, we finished them and left them on our back deck until Friday, Halloween. On Friday we put them out front with candles in them to celebrate Halloween and be festive. They were beautiful.

Here's where the fun family project goes wrong. Liz went out about 9:00 or so and blew out the candles and brought them (the candles) in. The Pumpkins were outside enjoying the festive feelings they were providing until some time after we went to bed. We didn't know it at the time, but their good feelings were about to change. During the night some bast@rd(s) decided to smash all the pumpkins on our street. Liz found the remains this morning just before taking Teagan to dance class, she was very upset. Then the rest of the family went out to get in the car and Teagan saw what had happened. She was upset but her reaction was a little surprising, she asked why someone did that and then said when she gets bigger she is going to become a police officer and get the people who break pumpkins. Its sometimes strange to see how T responds and reacts. I thought initially she would fall apart and start crying and be upset, but I was very proud of her reasoning, instead of crying she thought about what had happened and reasoned out what could be done to stop it. My little girl amazes me immensely and makes me so proud at times.

Well this post has changed since I started writing it. At first I was pissed at the destroyer of property, but as I found while writing, I am proud of my daughter and I hope she realizes how much I appreciate her.

No comments:

Post a Comment