Monday, November 10, 2008

Wha..Huh.. for $1400

Answer: This is why you are going gray and balding.

Question: What is upper management?

Ok, its vent time. Where do I start? I have upper management who do not or can not use technology or can not accept change. Why is that my fault? Why do I get bitched at because they are STUPID? Yes, I said stupid. My job is in IT, so I have to deal with many changes. Change in software, systems, devices, practices, etc... you name it. Why is it that people who are my superiors need to have their hands held and be babied? Did they not ever have to learn anything new while working their way up? Technology today makes things so much more easy than in the past.

I don't even know what to type, how can these people make decisions for companies when they can't learn simple things? It happens even in the IT department. We hire someone who has no IT experience to be VP of IT and are surprised when things don't work and practices become detrimental to the process.

Back to my vent, my VP wanted his phone swapped back to an old Treo from a new Samsung. I love the Samsung and have no idea why anyone would want to go back to the Treo. I'm stuck with the Treo and hate it. Any way, the Treo runs Windows Mobile 5 and the Samsung runs Windows Mobile 6. After loading the old Treo with email, pdf abilities, voicemail, etc... the VP comes to me and is pissed that it looks different on the main screen. I explained that the versions of the software were different, but did that matter, NO, I'm the ass because its different and he doesn't like it. Oh, and I'm also the ass because he said he might want to go back to the Treo from the Samsung and I didn't do it immediately for him 2 weeks ago. Hmm...Might does not mean I want you to do something. It means there is a possibility I'll want to change. So, my boss reams me for ignoring the VP. I calmly told my boss what was said and it doesn't seem to matter to him because he then says "I wish you two could learn to communicate". I'm sorry, I speak English and know what might means. Now the VP is complaining that I am not in the office all the time. Dude, I'm the IT guy, I go where there are issues. If I just sit in my office, I'm not being productive. Get a clue as to what I do. But, I am now supposed to just sit in my office for the next few days. Whatever. Why does it have to be so hard to just do your job and try to do it well?

Sorry for the rant and hopefully you can get your lost time back.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry you have to deal with 'STUPID' people that can't seem to handle change. I feel for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What assholes!
    You deserve to rant.

    ReplyDelete