Friday, March 12, 2010

Would you eat her cheese...?

OK, here's a weird news article I heard on the radio. It deals with a woman, Lori Mason, who has had a baby and is still lactating more than necessary for the child. Apparently her husband, Daniel Angerer a renowned chef, has taken her breast milk and made cheese from it. At first I thought "what? Who makes cheese from breast milk?" Then I thought about it and isn't normal cheese made from breast milk? People are more than happy to eat cow cheese, goat cheese, and whatever animal cheese. So why not human cheese? So I did a little Google search on Human breast milk cheese and found many articles. Have fun if you choose.

However, my mind then goes off on a different tangent. Let's step back a step. I know of mothers who taste their breast milk to see what they are feeding their babies tastes like. I realize there are very few people who read this, but have you tasted breast milk that wasn't made for you? I think this is mainly aimed at men, but I do not want to eliminate anyone. If you are a mom tasting your milk to see what it tasted like for your child please note that. I am curious to see who has done something that seems out of the ordinary but is very natural. What's better than breast milk?

4 comments:

  1. I tasted my breast milk. It was thin and sweet like coconut milk.
    Do you know the formulation of breast milk changes. For infants, it is higher in protein and for active toddlers it is higher in calories.
    I tasted it for an older nursing person and it was my third child before I tried it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never tasted it that I could remember. I would like to try it, but have no source.
    I will have to live without it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just can't even imagine. I mean, I guess it is sort of normal, but...ew.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tasted it, and as I recall, it wasn't pleasant (maybe I had eaten onions or something, haha). You make a good point!

    ReplyDelete