Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Special Guests' True Dungeon Run

On Friday, of GenCon Indy, I got to make a dungeon run with Wil Wheaton (Fawkes), Felicia Day (Codex), Sandeep Parikh (Zaboo), Jeff Lewis (Vork), and Robin Thorsen (Clara) of The Guild web-series. At the last minute I had to fill in for another player who couldn't make the run. I wasn't bothered at all to make the run. I am a huge fan of The Guild and when I found out they would be at GenCon I emailed the top dog of True Dungeon and said we needed to get them on a run. He didn't let on for the longest time that they would be going on a run. He did let me know about a week prior so that I could do some voices for the dragon to taunt them during their final fight. I will admit that I was stoked for them to hear my taunts. Unfortunately the final battle was too loud and the taunts were almost inaudible. So only one of them was played. I will admit that I am crestfallen that the taunts weren't heard. The one for Wil was played and he heard a little of it, I think, because he stood taller and said "I think this dragon is mocking me."

So, I am going to place them here for everyone to hear. Maybe Wil will rehear his and maybe Felicia, Sandeep, Jeff, and Robin will hear these for the first time and smile and remember their run with the bard, who voiced a dragon, who knows. I did mention to Sandeep after that there were taunts, but after you hear them, you'll understand why I couldn't fit in Zaboo.

Sedentary
Guild smack
Wheaton Returns

I will put up another post later about the run and the fun that was had.

No comments:

Post a Comment